Planning a perfect date night, a long drive with your loved one or camping in national parks of the USA just gets better with a bottle of red wine or a sparkling glass of champagne. But, the problem we face is how to keep our wine cool.
The best solution to this is to carry a portable wine cooler that keeps your wine cool and sets the mood. And you know how important it is to keep your champagne or bottle of wine cool.
If you are traveling in an RV or campervan then it’s possible to carry wine chillers that keep our champagnes chilled for a long time. Some might say why don’t carry an ice bucket? But that’s not always possible while camping or on beaches.
In this situation, these portable wine coolers and wine sleeves come handy and they are way cheaper than giant wine chillers. Let’s check out the best wine coolers that are perfect to keep your champagne chilled whether on a road trip in Florida or on a date night in Phoneix.
What is a portable Wine cooler without ice?
Portable wine coolers are small cooling solutions for your bottle of champagne or wine for a certain period without any refrigeration or ice cubes. Primarily a cooling gel is used that keeps the wine bottles cold. The wine case is double insulated which keeps the inner temperature perfect for wine.
These wine cases are primarily made of steel. They are lightweight and can be carried easily. Usually, these are perfect for small dinner parties, date nights, and pool parties. As you would not finish your wine in one go and champagne not chilled can turn off the glamour of your party.
These can also be carried in your car to the most perfect day trips or short camping plans.
Our Best Pick
In a hurry? don’t worry we have a suggestion for the best portable wine cooler that you can buy right away.
We tried many of these wine coolers on our road trips and pool parties. Some of them work but some of them don’t work as promised. Keeping all the best features to look for and value for money in mind the best among them we found is-
This incredible wine cooler from Huski is the perfect product that ticks all the checkboxes you look for before buying a wine chiller. This stainless steel cooler not only keeps your favorite drink at the ideal temperature but also adds elegance to your regular wine bottles.
It’s very to use and very much portable. Just put your chilled bottle of champagne or moderately cooled bottle of red wine inside the chiller and close the lid and you are ready to go. The double-insulated walls of the chiller would keep the temperature intact.
Many wine coolers of these kinds need to be separately cooled to activate the cooling gel. But it does not need that. Still, it can keep your bottle cool for almost 6 hours. Its design is eye-catching and adds glamour to your boat trips, BBQ, and pool parties.
It’s a perfect wine accessory and can be a perfect gifting idea for wine lovers.
Other popular choices of wine coolers
If you have come this far and want to check out some more options then I have a list perfectly curated for you so that you can choose the best as per your requirement.
MAXSO wine cooler bucket is the perfect one-stop solution to keep your champagne or sparkling wine cool.
- It fits almost 90% of the bottles of 750 ml size.
- It is condensation free. So you won’t see your tablecloth or camping tables getting wet from precipitation.
- The cooler is easy to use. Just needs to unscrew the top and put chilled wine inside to keep it cool.
- It comes with a non-slip base that ensures your bottle is safe from slipping up to some extent.
- Comes in five attractive colors and designs. It’s a perfect gift choice for friends and family.
Vinglace is among the most popular brands in the US that produce these wine accessories. This Vinglace wine chiller holds most of the 750 ml champagne and wine bottles. It feels premium and elevates the décor of your table.
- Wider Base: It has a wider base than the Husky chillers. Fits champagne bottles with a little wider base.
- The design looks absolutely premium which makes it a perfect gifting solution.
- It comes in 12 different colors and designs to choose from.
- Perfect for a road trip, or pool parties.
- Easy to clean.
This product is similar to the Vinglace wine chiller. Additionally, you would get two steel tumblers with glass inside. Not only the design looks gorgeous but this portable wine cooler with glass tumblers is perfect for outdoor barbeques, pool parties, and road trips. And you don’t have to be bothered about drinking ugly-looking paper cups anymore.
- Keeps you wine cool for a long duration. Perfect for carrying vans, road trips, and outdoor parties.
- No need to refrigerate the wine cooler. Just put a chilled bottle of wine inside the chiller and you’re good to go for hours. A durable design helps pour wine without taking the bottle out.
- The tumblers are made of stainless steel on the outside and glass on the inside which makes the glass durable and the drinking experience intact at the same time.
- Can be a perfect gift this Thanksgiving.
Now this one from Rabbit is a little different technology from the others I have mentioned before. This item is not made of stainless steel. Instead, it is made of a protective plastic-like material with a gel-based cooling pad inside it. The cooling needs to be refrigerated for half an hour to activate the gel and you are ready to put your wine inside and take it on your camping or treks.
It may not as elegant as the previous ones but it’s absolutely value for money. If you were worried about buying the steel chillers thinking they may not be as protective on camping and hiking trips. Then this Rabbit wine trek portable bottle cooler is perfect for you.
- Durable: The durable foam material protects your bottle of wine or champagne.
- Needs refrigeration: The cooling pad needs to be refrigerated for 30 minutes to activate the cooling gel wrapper. Then put the wine bottle along with the cooling pad.
- Zip lock and wrist strap: A zip lock is there to keep your bottle safe. There is a wrist strap as well which you can carry around your wrist as well as with a harness with your camping bags. Needless to say that this can be very useful during treks.
- Good for camping but not for parties
12 Degrés Iceless Wine Chiller Set Insulated Wine Bottle Cooler with Wine Pump, Aerator, and 4 Stoppers
This 12 Degres wine chiller is perfectly suited for almost all kinds of wine bottles, even the ones with broader bases. The white-colored design of the stainless steel cooler just sets the aesthetic mood of your dining hall. The wine pump and stopper help you keep your fresh longer.
- Works fine with bottles with a little bigger base.
- The white color of the exterior looks very soothing and minimalistic yet classy to the eye.
- The wine pump removes the air in the wine and helps in creating the sir tight seal that keeps the wine fresh after opening the seal.
- Perfect wine set as a gift for the collection of wine lovers.
I can bet you it may not be that popular among people in your surroundings but if you are carrying one of these portable wine coolers to your pool parties or picnic people will just enquire about it.
This portable stainless steel wine chiller from Asbou is the perfect solution if want to be extra careful while traveling with these bottles.
- Durable: It’s the biggest USP of this wine chiller. Unlike other modern good-looking wine coolers, it covers the whole bottle which gives complete safety from breaking.
- Brilliant design: The cooler comes in a matt-finish design. It is double-walled and Vaccum is insulated from the inside that keeps the inner temperature intact.
- Lean design: Before buying this remember it has a lean. And, it does not work well with bottles with thick glass. Champagne bottles don’t work well.
- Carry-on strap: The product comes with an in-built carry-on strap to carry the wine cooler along with you to treks, road trips, and short hikes as well without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wine coolers vs Wine sleeves. Which one is better?
I have used both of them and both of them serves different purpose. If you are looking for something that will keep your wine chilled for a long then go for the wine coolers as the sleeves would die quicker.
The cooler looks more elegant than the ugly-looking wine sleeves. Coolers are easy to hold and pour your wine. Sleeves would need you to take the bottle in and out of the sleeve.
But the sleeves are lightweight and they are pretty useful for carrying wine for a short duration. You can also multiple bottles together in this as well.
What is the best wine bottle chiller?
After trying out many portable wine chillers the best one I found is the Vinglace Wine Chiller. The design is amazing and minimalistic yet elegant. The outer part is made of stainless steel with a matt finish outside. They come in 13 different colors to choose from. It is condensation free and keeps your wine chilled for up to 6 hours.
What is the ideal temperature for serving red wine?
Usually, it’s said that the ideal temperature for red wine is room temperature. But don’t get confused with this fact. It means the room temperature of the wine cellars. And they are cooler than the regular room temperature of 70 degrees. The ideal serving temperature is around 60 to 65 degrees. For the best experience cool your wine for at least 10 minutes in the chiller.
With the illustrated list above I think you will be able to find the best one that suits your need. These are not just wine chillers they are like the mantlepiece on your dining table. And, some of them would make it to the list of the most amazing gifts in 2022. Let’s keep your wine cool and your hearts full.